Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Things on the mind

1 - today the California Supreme Court rules on gay marriage - I'm crossing my fingers that gays get to enjoy the right to get married, pay more taxes and get divorced like the rest of us. All kidding aside this issue steams me that people just can't let other people enjoy a basic right - like marriage. I don't get the big deal, I mean I get it but why does it have to be such a big deal. All of these conservatives thinking this is going to warp young children by seeing two people of the same sex getting married. Um hellllloooo, they walk around hand in hand already. Seriously.

2 - slight case of the "I'm pregnant and don't get to do the same frivolous things like I used to" moment all weekend. Marcy went to see Noelle in Newport for the holiday weekend. Two of my husbands friends also met up with them for a spur of the moment thing. I saw the pics, I read the FB updates and I got sad. Sad that I was not there, drinking and enjoying the sun. Sad that weekends like this in the future were really going to have to be pre planned. Sad that I felt like I was missing out on a great time. Sad knowing that from now on I was going to be some sort of responsible adult with a child and my days of being a drunken sloth are coming to an end. I'm really looking forward to 2027, when Brooke will be 18.

3 - my car, my house, my bills, my job - you know the usual worries for everyone. Only I am tired of worrying about these things. I just want to wake up one day and find that I have a better car sitting in the driveway (you know one with 4 doors and working windows) I want to roll over in bed and know that a bathroom floor without screwed up grout (seriously everytime I sit on the pot all I see is that shitastic grout job around the tub), a new bathtub and a kitchen with an oven that does not predate the civil war is waiting for me. I would like for my bills to pay themselves off. (although I will pat myself on the back that I am whittling them down) Oh and I would like to know that in ten years I will not be feeling the mundane outlook on my job that I feel I may have in two years when I go back on patrol. A lot of I wants, but it doesn't hurt to dream right

I bitched, I feel better. I like this blogging thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment